Monday, May 16, 2016

Cucumber

A faculty member forgot her keys on the counter of the bookstore, which prompted me to peek up there to see if I could find them.  Not just the keys, but also a big green cucumber lay on the counter as though on display.  Only problem was, we don't sell cucumbers.  In perhaps a moment of less than better judgement, I asked the professor if this was also her cucumber.  She laughed all the way out of the store.  A moment later I was approaching a young woman browsing cosmetics and found myself asking her (again probably not my best judgement) if this was her cucumber.  She said yes, the lady at the salon next door had given it to her for some reason and she was excited to get it home and eat it.  That was the final straw.  My professional facade cracked and I laughed out loud, right in her face.  I couldn't make this stuff up.  

No comments:

Post a Comment